CASA Volunteers are the eyes and ears of the Court making independent, objective recommendations regarding the child's best interests.
CASA Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
Complete an intensive independent review of each case.
• Speak with the child(ren) and relevant adults (i.e, foster parents,
social worker, and teachers).
• Meet in-person with the child(ren) a minimum of once per month.
• Review all relevant documents and records.
• Observe the child and signficant others.
Report findings to the Court.
• Attend all hearings to advocate for the best interests of the
• Provide reports at every hearing which include fact-based findings
• Participate in all scheduled case conferences with supervisory staff.
Ensure representation of the child(ren)'s best interests.
• Attend all court hearings to ensure that all relevant facts are
• Attend appropriate interagency meetings concerning the child(ren).
• Monitor implementation of service plans and court orders assuring
they are implemented in a timely manner.
• Consult regularly with the CASA Volunteer Coordinator concerning